Dye & Durham is proud to hold a process serving contract with ICBC since 1997 to serve unpaid red light camera tickets in BC. The Offence Act stipulates that the personal service of any violation ticket can only be accomplished by a certified enforcement officer. As this is the case, it is necessary for each of our process servers to be designated as enforcement officers by the Motor Vehicle Branch.
As the number of outstanding tickets requiring service is difficult to predict, compensation is based on a piece-rate basis. While enforcement officers have flexibility to set their own schedule, there are time constraints as to when the tickets need to be served and or returned to Dye & Durham. It is Dye & Durham’s expectation that services will be attempted within one week of the tickets being received by the enforcement officer. In some cases, it may take several attempts for a ticket to be served. Enforcement officers will typically have up to 45 days in which to attempt service before the documentation must be returned to Dye & Durham. Payment for the services will only be made after all documentation is properly completed and returned to Dye & Durham. Payment is made for served documents only (piece rate). All documentation, including un-served tickets, MUST be received by Dye & Durham prior to the due date.
- Reviews work and prioritizes a route for serving documents
- Conducts research to identify and locate individuals
- Communicates with individuals to gain information and obtain help in getting into places to serve tickets
- Maintains notes of service attempts and successful service
- Participating in the development and documentation of procedures
- Participating in learning and development opportunities
- Promoting and personally demonstrating the Company’s core values when dealing with employees, clients and other business stakeholders
- Two (2) positive work-related references
- Minimum 19 years of age
- Valid BC driver’s license
- Clean driver’s abstract
- No criminal convictions in relation to the position
- In good standing with ICBC
- Access to a reliable mode of transportation in your assigned area
- Attention to detail
- Time management skills
- Ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times
Interested applicants should forward their resume, cover letter, and a list of three (3) professional references to the attention of Human Resources. Please quote the position you are applying for, your salary expectations and how you learned of this position opening.