LAST CHANCE TO REGISTER!
PERSONAL INJURY AND SMALL CLAIMS COURT THE TRIAL – A CLAIMANT’S PERSPECTIVE
NEW E-LEARNING WEBINAR SERIES!
Dye & Durham is pleased to present the 3rd of 4 in our series designed for legal support staff, litigation paralegals and lawyers.
3. The Trial – A Claimant’s Perspective
June 15, 2006 12:00 noon – 1:00 pm PDT
Presenters: Kevin Blair, Barrister and Solicitor, Taylor & Blair, Vancouver, BC
Linda Lawson, Senior Paralegal, Taylor & Blair, Vancouver, BC
· Trial Preparation
· Service of Expert Reports
· Attendance of Expert and/or lay witnesses
· Evidence Preparation
· Fees to reset a trial date
4. Defending a Motor Vehicle Action—ICBC’s Perspective
June 22, 2006 12:00 noon – 1:00 pm PDT
Presenters: Dena Reimer, In-House Counsel, ICBC, Vancouver, BC
Ian R. H. Shaw, Acting Manager of Writ Handling &
Counsel Assignment, ICBC, Vancouver, BC
· Differences Between Tort Claims, Breach of Contract and Part 7 Claims
· Service of Notice of Claim on ICBC
· Filing and Serving the Reply
· Amending or Withdrawing the Reply
· Third Party Notice and Reply
· Certificate of Readiness from Defense Perspective
· Should the ICBC Adjuster attend at the Settlement Conference?
· Chambers Applications, Orders and Trial
MISSED OUR PREVIOUS SESSIONS? PART 1 – INITIATING A MOTOR VEHICLE ACTION
PART 2 – MEDIATION, STTLEMENT AND PREPARING FOR TRIALElectronic Materials and Recordings still available!
Registration Fee $125.00 + 8.75 GST per session (includes materials)
Join us from the comfort of your office or home. Events are delivered via the Internet and accessed on Java Web Start (a free download made available upon registration). No separate phone lines are needed. Both audio and visual portions of the events are transmitted via internet.
Dye Durham Education Division