Court Sitting Dates and Applications – November and Winter Break
As 2015 fades away, we want to call attention to a few important details regarding court sitting dates and applications over the next couple of months.
- November 10 is a regular sitting day.
- November 11 is a statutory holiday and the court will be closed.
- November 12-13, there is a judges and masters conference.*
- December 21-24 and 29-31, and January 2, is the winter break for the court.*
- December 25, December 28 and January 1, 2016 are statutory holidays and the court will be closed.
From November 12-13 and during the winter break, the registries will remain open. However, the courts will be sitting only for matters carrying over and emergency applications of less than one hour. To speak to an application on November 12 or 13, all application materials, including the notice of application, any supporting affidavits, and the application record will need to be filed on the day of the hearing, and it will be at the discretion of the presiding adjudicator whether to hear the application, based on the perceived urgency. During the winter break, the registry expects it will accept application materials for filing as per the ordinary course. Please note that this may be subject to change, as the winter break approaches.
Should you have any questions, please contact Dye & Durham’s Court Registry Support Services at 604-257-1854 or [email protected].