Dye & Durham is pleased to announce an upcoming webinar, The New Family Law Act Refresher: Predictions, Implementation & Procedure. Presented by Dye & Durham in-house counsel, Laurelly Dale, the webinar will be held on February 21, 2013 from 12:00 to 1:30 p.m.
Ms. Dale will discuss how to ensure a smooth transition from the current Family Relations Act; provide a procedural overview of the new Family Law Act, focusing on the implementation of new provisions of the legislation and how this will intertwine with current case law; and examine the paramount considerations in the drafting the legislation. Also to be discussed:
- Changes already in place
- “Best interest of the child” test
- Addressing family violence
- Verbiage “significantly unfair” and how this is implemented throughout the legislation
- Changes in terminology such as “access”
- Family dispute resolution process of collaboration
- Court processes enforcement and changes in filing requirements
The new Family Law Act comes into full force March 18, 2013 and this is an excellent opportunity to get up to speed on this important legislation. The webinar is Law Society-approved for 2.0 CPD.
The cost is $179 per licence, with discounts available for Dye & Durham Active Account Holders, and the registration deadline is February 19, 2013. To register, see the registration flyer.