Dye & Durham is pleased to be offering an upcoming webinar on BC’s new Family Law Act.
New Family Law Act Predictions Implementation & Procedure Webinar
September 20, 2012 from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Cost is $179 per license (discounts available for active Dye & Durham account holders).
This webinar, presented by Laurelly Dale, B.A., LLB., In-House Counsel & Manager Court Registry Services for Dye & Durham, will cover how to ensure a smooth transition from the current Family Relations Act. Dale will also give a procedural overview of the new Family Law Act, focusing on the implementation of new provisions of the legislation and how this will intertwine with current case law. Paramount considerations in drafting the legislation will be examined. Additional items to review include:
- Changes already in place
- “Best interest of the child” test
- Addressing family violence
- Verbaige “significantly unfair” and how this is implemented throughout the legislation
- Changes in terminology such as “access”
- Family dispute resolution process of collaboration
- Court processes enforcement and changes in filing requirements
This webinar is eligible for 1.5 CPD credits from the Law Society of BC. The deadline for registration is September 17. For more information, view the webinar PDF.