UVic Law, Pro Bono Students Canada, and the CBABC have organized a panel discussion as part of “A Day for Legal Aid“ on Wednesday, September 26.
From 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. at the University of Victoria, Fraser Building Room 158, attendees are invited to ask questions, learn and participate in a discussion on why legal aid is important, along with the following panelists:
- Hon. Judge Susan Wishart, Provincial Court of BC
- Kerry Simmons, Moderator and President, CBABC
- Carmen Rogers, Crown Counsel – Victoria
- Rick Schwartz, Defence Counsel
- Trish Kumpf, Métis lawyer, Aboriginal law practice
- Kasari Govender, West Coast LEAF
Lunch will be provided to attendees.
According to the CBABC, “A Day for Legal Aid is an annual event that seeks to bring together students from all three law schools in British Columbia in order to discuss one of the most important access to justice issues facing the province.”