The annual Jack Webster Awards are dedicated to BC-based journalists reporting for BC news organizations to province residents.
The Awards ceremony, which will take place on November 4, 2015, features 11 categories including:
- Best News Reporting
- Best Feature Story
- Excellence in Digital Journalism
- Business, Industry & Economics Award
- Best Reporting – Chinese Language
- Jack Webster Award for Community Reporting
- Jack Webster Award for Excellence in Legal Journalism
- Jack Webster Award for Science, Technology, Health & Environment
- City Mike Commentator of the Year
- Bruce Hutchison Lifetime Achievement Award
- Bill Good Award
We’ll be paying special attention to the Jack Webster Award for Excellence in Legal Journalism presented by the Law Society of BC. This year’s finalists include:
- Nelson Bennett, Business in Vancouver, Anti-spam Laws Change Canada’s Marketing Landscape
- Travis Lupick, The Georgia Straight, Former Inmate Shares His Story of BC Prisons’ Revolving Doors
- Tracy Sherlock, The Vancouver Sun, Teachers’ Court Battle
The Award for Excellence in Legal Journalism recognizes a journalist or a team of journalists for a story or a series of stories about a legal issue, the legal profession or the administration of justice in BC. The winner is chosen by an independent panel of current and former journalists and other members of the community.
For more on eligibility, entry steps, judging guidelines and to view other finalists, please visit Jack Webster online.