The Trial Lawyers Association of BC is presenting a conference “Ending Commercial Relationships: Constructive Options for Litigators Whose Clients Want Out” on Friday, February 21, 2014.
Co-Chaired by Wendy Baker QC and Daniel Parlow, the conference features the following topics:
- Options to terminate commercial leases;
- Termination of real estate contracts;
- Use of insolvency proceedings in terminating commercial relationships;
- Dissolution of partnerships, private company buyouts and winding-ups;
- The arbitration option in terminating commercial relationships;
- Terminating agency relationships;
- Ending franchise agreements; and
- Cancelling distribution and service-related contracts.
The conference will be held at the Four Seasons Hotel, Vancouver. Lunch is included and there will be a President’s Reception after the conference. Register before January 31, 2014 to receive a 10% discount.