The Canadian Bar Association’s National Criminal Justice Conference is coming to Vancouver on June 15, 2013. The topic of the Conference is the Murder Trial Manual (And How To Do Other Complicated Trials).
Chaired by Suhail Aktar, Scarborough Crown Attorneys Office and Eric Gottardi, Peck and Company, Vancouver, this conference will canvas such questions as:
- How do you best approach a murder bail hearing?
- What questions do you ask at a preliminary inquiry?
- What pre-trial motions do you bring?
- What are the evidentiary issues for which you should be looking out?
- What happens when you end up with a sticky ethical problem?
These questions and more will be discussed by senior members of the Criminal bar and members of the judiciary from across Canada. There is a networking reception after the Conference.