The South Asian Bar Association of BC’s 7th Annual Fall Conference will take place this Friday, November 1, 2013 from 11:45 a.m. to 5 p.m. at suite 950 – 609 Granville Street, Vancouver, BC. Lunch will be provided.
A release from SABABC states that by attending the Fall Conference, you will earn 4.5 hours of Continuing Professional Development credits, of which two hours are allotted for the required professional responsibility and ethics/ client care and relations/ practice management component. The Fall Conference is a great opportunity to earn required credit hours while networking with fellow lawyers and learning from our experienced presenters.
The program at the conference is as follows:
- Refresher on Conflict Issues/ Update on New Professional Conduct Handbook (Art Vertlieb, QC, President, Law Society of BC)
- B.C. Employment Law Update (Claire Morton, McMillan LLP)
- Protecting your Clients’ Intellectual Property: An Overview of the Different Forms of IP Protection (Jeffrey D. Morton, Clark Wilson LLP)
- The Case for Cloud Computing (Jack Newton, CEO, Clio)
- Cloud Computing: Practice Management Matters (David J. Bilinsky, Practice Management Consultant, Law Society of BC)
As a benefit of membership, attendance at the conference will be free for SABABC members in good standing, or $50 for non-members and $20 for students. For more information, see the attached agenda. Registration is limited so please RSVP today by emailing Harkamal Rail.