Courthouse Libraries BC just announced on The Stream that LexisNexis Canada (Quicklaw) is now available on public computers in select courthouse libraries. At present the free service is available in Vancouver, Victoria and Regional Libraries (Kamloops, Kelowna, Nanaimo, New Westminster, and Prince George).
From the announcement on The Stream:
We’ve started our limited Quicklaw rollout at Vancouver and our Regional Libraries so that we can, under the watchful eyes of full time staff, thoroughly test it out. Once we are satisfied with its performance and value for clients, we will hopefully continue the rollout by adding QL to some of our smaller local libraries.
QL has also expanded recently with new content, so anyone who hasn’t used QL in a few years will be in for a pleasant surprise. You will have access to the Full Service Domestic package, which, on top of providing and extensive collection of full-text court and tribunal decisions dating back to the 1800s, also offers the following:
- The complete online collection of Halsbury’s Laws of Canada
- Solicitor Forms & Precedents to help draft customized documents
- The brand new Canada Quantums, offering coverage of all quantum awards from common law jurisdictions
- The Canada Digest, with over 897,000 case summaries organized by area of law for easy browsing
- Over 100 NetLetters to keep you up to date on the latest case law
- More than 800 domestic and international law journals
For more information, see the full announcement on The Stream.