Kelowna based law firm, Pushor Mitchell, is teaming up with the Diversified Rehabilitation Group to host October’s Organizational Health and Wellness Summit.
The Summit “…will explore new frontiers of workplace health promotion and prevention. The Summit provides a unique opportunity for business leaders, union representatives, OH&S, frontline practitioners, HR professionals and researchers, to learn about the latest strategies for improving mental and physical health in Canadian workplace.”
It is scheduled from October 22-23 at the Four Points by Sheraton in Kelowna. Speakers include: Alf Kempf of Pushor Mitchell, Dr. Bruce Hobson, family practitioner, Renèe-Louise Franche, work disability prevention and occupational health consultant and many, many more.
Topical issues concerning corporations today to be discussed include:
- “Reducing absenteeism and presenteeism;
- Reducing risks to psychological health and safety in workplaces;
- Improving employee engagement in existing wellness initiatives;
- Enabling employer-union collaboration to achieve health and wellness goals;
- Implementing best practices for work disability prevention;
- Taking a collaborative approach to return-to-work;
- Aligning health, safety and wellness initiatives with corporate strategy;
- Making a leadership commitment to creating healthier and safer workplaces;
- Encouraging a culture of wellness by engaging employees and employers.”