BC’s Provincial Court has announced a news feed that will provide “informal news notes” on B.C. Provincial Court, judicial officers’ roles, and justice system initiatives. The feed is called Provincial Court eNews.
Chief Judge Thomas J. Crabtree notes that,“This new information feed reflects our intention to make the Court as transparent as possible. The more that people understand about the Court and our officers, the more they can have confidence in their justice system”.
Recent headlines on the eNews page include:
- Provincial Court Judge Leads Justice Education Society to New Heights
- Settle Disputes Online
- Victoria Integrated Court Engages in Community Consultations
- Continuing Education for Provincial Court Judicial Justices
- BC Provincial Court Annual Report Includes Reform Initiatives Complain Results, Time to Trial and Judicial Complement Stats
- More Municipal Election Duties for BC Provincial Judges
- Municipal Elections Mean Busy Times for Provincial Court Judges
The press release notes that eNews can be accessed at http://www.provincialcourt.bc.ca/enews or by RSS (though at present the RSS feed specified pulls news from the Court’s homepage and not the eNews subpage).
The court’s Twitter feed (@BCProvCourt) has been reactivated as well.