The Thompson Rivers University Society of Law Students is preparing to host its 3rd annual conference on Thursday, February 4 and Friday, February 5. The theme of this year’s conference is Trending Now #NewLaw and it will focus on the future of law.
The SLS conference committee has issued a call for papers on the following topics:
- recent and upcoming landmark SCC decisions
- issues and innovation in legal education
- alternative and innovative legal practice
- quasi-law bodies and the growing field of alternative dispute resolution and tribunals
- the ever-changing fields of privacy law and IP law
- law and society: is law addressing people’s needs?
All law students in BC and Alberta are encouraged to submit their papers for a chance to speak for 12-15 minutes or participate in a panel discussion and question period.