BC’s drunk driving laws, which have undergone several changes over the last few years, were changed yet again, effective this past Friday.
Here are a few related items:
- Tough drinking-driving penalties now back in full force (Ministry of Justice)
- B.C.’s tough drunk driving laws return after tweaking following court ruling (The Province)
- Traffic police catch drunk driver 18 minutes after new drinking and driving laws came into effect (Times Colonist)
- Asked and Answered: Drunk Driving Law (BC) (Courthouse Libraries BC)
- Here comes the “New” IRP (Richard Hewson’s Criminal Law Blog)
The government of BC has stated that “Compared to the average over the previous five years, alcohol-related motor vehicle deaths have dropped by 44 per cent since the law came into force – with an estimated 71 lives saved.”