BarTalk, the magazine of the CBA BC Branch, is always a great source of local news and practice tips for the legal community, and the April 2013 issue is no exception. The ever-innovative Courthouse Libraries BC is featured prominently in this edition – Nate Russell and Megan Maddigan even made the front cover!
Check out the feature article, “The New Anytime, Anywhere Law Library” (page 12) and the new “Tips from the Library” feature on using CanLII in unexpected ways (page 21).
Also included in this issue:
- The results of a survey on how BC lawyers treat business of law issues
- Tips on specialized search engines
- Section updates & upcoming meetings
- A comparison of CanLII, Westlaw eCarswell and Quicklaw
- Boolean operator tips
- A fun and lighthearted legal research quiz
- Info on the new Code of Professional Conduct
- Thoughts on quality and diversity on the bench (or lack thereof)
- Industry moves, news, announcements and events