UBC Law at Allard Hall has just released its July 2012 newsletter.
- Faculty appointment (Dr. Galit Safarty) and in memoriam (Dr. Charles Bourne)
- Alumni event notice (Calgary) and recap (London, UK)
- Alumni profile of the month: Obiora Okafor
- Student award recipients (Fathima Cader and Carol Liao)
- Faculty appointments, publications, presentations and media coverage
- Upcoming events, including summer alumni socials in the South and North Okanagan
The newsletter also makes note of the upcoming Slayage Conference – a unique 3-day academic rendezvous devoted to discussing the works of Joss Whedon, where law prof Sharon Sutherland will speak on “Vampires, Reavers, and lawyers: Joss Whedon’s Lens on Law”.