BC law librarians will be interested to know of the free Annual Gathering of Librarians Interested in Government and Legal Information, scheduled for Friday, May 13, 2011. Here’s some information:
On behalf of the BC Library Association Information Policy Committee and SFU Library, we are pleased to invite you to the Annual Gathering of Librarians Interested in Government and Legal Information, on Friday, May 13, at Simon Fraser University in downtown Vancouver (details below).
This event is free but registration is required. To register for this event, please send an email with your name and library affiliation to Sylvia Roberts, [email protected], before May 2, 2011.
Topics and speakers include
- Chuck Eckman ; Dean of Library Services, Simon Fraser University, will discuss learnings about promoting global transparency through the experience of building the GATT Digital Library
- Ingrid Parent, University Librarian, University of British Columbia, will speak about globalized information policy trends
- Dr. Krishna Pendakur , Faculty of Economics, Simon Fraser University, and Co-Director of Metropolis British Columbia, <http://www.riim.metropolis.net> , will discuss changes to the 2011 Census and data alternatives
- Daniel Brendle-Moczuk, Geography Librarian, University of Victoria, will give a presentation on FOSS GIS & Open Access GeoSpatial Data
- Penny Swanson, Cataloguing Division Head, Simon Fraser University will speak about the BCCATS Marc Record service for BC government publications
- Update on BC Government Documents Digitization Initiative