BC Notaries has released the Fall 2014 issue of their magazine, The Scrivener.
This issue is devoted to the topic of charitable giving and includes articles on:
- Charitable giving and how to develop your personal philosophy of philanthropy
- A due diligence checklist for charitable bequests
- A spotlight on the Vancouver Foundation
- Strategic philanthropy and private foundations
- The internet as a charitable giving tool
- What is a “Charity Child”?
- Tax credits for donations
- Legacy gifts
- Gift-planning pitfalls
Also included: reflections on the work of the BC Law Institute, an LTSA update, and a feature interview with BC’s Minister of Natural Gas Development, Rich Coleman, on how liquid natural gas is driving BC’s economy.