The CBABC Branch has released details on its upcoming 8th Annual Branch Conference. The conference will be held in San Diego, California from November 15 to 17, 2013.
Sessions on the agenda:
- Marijuana, Coming to a Store Near You? A United States Perspective.
- Buying, Renting & Selling US Real Estate for Canadians – What You and Your Clients Need to Know!
- As Dirty Harry said “You’ve Got to Know Your Limitations.” Now We’ve Got New Ones.
- Emerging Trends in Commercial Transactions.
- Impaired Driving – It’s a Brave New World for Your Clients and You – What You Can Do When You Get the Call!
- How You Could Apply Your Case to Provincial Court.
- Law and the Music Industry – How do they Relate?
- Family Law Developments – How are We Doing??
- Judicial Bias – Say it isn’t So – Or is it?
- When Business is All in the Family – That’s One Big Family.
- The Importance of Being Earnest – This isn’t Your Ordinary Session on Civility and Ethics!
- Things we Should Learn from Rural/Suburban Practice. You Do it all and then Some!
Registration is now open for the event, which satisfies the Law Society’s 2013 CPD credit requirements. Early bird rates for members and non-members apply before September 13, and non-lawyer guest tickets are available for the non-CPD meals and programming. Special room rates are available at the conference hotel, the Westin San Diego, until the end of October.