On June 7, 2013, the Prime Minister of Canada announced that Chief Justice Robert Bauman of the B.C. Supreme Court will become Chief Justice of the B.C. Court of Appeal and the Yukon Court of Appeal upon the retirement of Chief Justice Lance Finch on June 16, 2013. He will have the style and title of the Chief Justice of British Columbia. Chief Justice Bauman has been Chief Justice of the B.C. Supreme Court since September 2009. He was appointed a judge of the Supreme Court in 1996 and a judge of the Court of Appeal in 2008.
- The Honourable Sunni Stromberg-Stein, a judge of the B.C. Supreme Court, to replace Madam Justice P. Kirkpatrick who elected to become a supernumerary judge;
- The Honourable Peter M. Wilcock, a judge of the B.C. Supreme Court, to replace Madam Justice R.E. Levine, who elected to become a supernumerary judge;
- The Honourable Sheri Ann Donegan, a judge of the Provincial Court of B.C., to replace Mr. Justice R.E. Powers;
- The Honourable Wendy J. Harris, a lawyer with Harris & Company, to replace Madam Justice C.L. Smith;
- The Honourable Ronald A. Skolrood, a lawyer with Lawson Lundell LLLP, to replace Mr. Justice Wilcock;
- The Honourable Lisa A. Warren, a lawyer with the Health Employers Association of B.C., to replace Madam Justice Stromberg-Stein; and
- The Honourable Margot L. Fleming, a lawyer with Somers & Compnay, to replace Mr. Justice R.N. Brown, who was transferred to Chilliwack to replace Mr. Justice W.Grist, who elected to become supernumerary.