On May 4, Chief Justice Bauman of the BC Supreme Court issued Administrative Notice 9 – Bankruptcy Proceedings Before the Registrar.
The goal of AN-9 is to standardize hearing practices throughout British Columbia. The notice includes directions on:
- Original/copied documents
- Scheduling trustee opposed discharge applications
- Requests to attend by telephone
- Materials to be provided to Registrar in Bankruptcy
- Scheduling multiple applications
- Scheduling matters with time estimates in excess of 15 minutes
AN-9 comes into effect on August 1, 2011.