B.C. Reg. 127/2010 makes several amendments to the B.C. Court of Appeal Rules, effective July 1.
Some highlights of the Rule amendments include
- defining “business day” and using that term instead of “day” in the Rules
- increasing the time requirement in leave applications from 5 days to 10 business days and file and correspondingly increasing the time to serve a reply book from 1 to 5 business days before the hearing of the application
- adding a Rule to provide for a reply to a stay application and to set 2 business days for filing and serving the reply motion book.
- replacing the Rules relating to factums on cross appeal, providing for a reply factum on cross appeal, setting new names for the factums and setting filing and service deadlines and page limits for the factums
- adding Rule 54.1 as the Electronic Filing Rule
- making changes to several Forms
- moving “Fees Payable to the Crown” from Supreme Court Schedule 1 Appendix C to Appendix C Schedule 1 of the Court of Appeal Rules
- changing the fees and making them subject to a cost of living adjustment every two years