This year’s CBABC’s Bar Awards took place in late June, with five lawyers and one law firm accepting honours.
- Kim Karras of Brawn Karras & Sanderson in Surrey and Frances Kelly of the Community Legal Assistance Society in Vancouver were awarded the CBABC Community Service Award
- Janine Benedet, associate professor at UBC Faculty of Law and director of its Centre for Feminist Legal Studies, was awarded the CBABC Equality and Diversity Award
- Jamie Maclaren, executive director of Access Pro Bono and a Vancouver Bencher of the Law Society of BC, was awarded the Harry Rankin QC Pro Bono Award
- Vancouver law firm Clark Wilson LLP was awarded the CBABC Innovative Workplace Award
- Tino Di Bella, a general practitioner in Victoria, chair of the British Columbia Law Institute and a past chair of the CBABC’s Legislation and Law Reform Committee, was awarded the CBABC President’s Medal.