Dye & Durham is Canada’s leading provider of services and software products to the legal profession since 1874. Our value proposition is based upon improving the efficiency of our customer’s business operations and to help them grow their book of business. We are on an exciting journey and are looking for people that share our values and passion to become the leading provider of legal solutions in Canada and the UK.
We are hiring for Web Application Developers who can quickly ramp up on our mix stack of technologies but primarily Ruby on Rails based application, and work with our team to create new applications and enhance existing ones. Our entrepreneurial environment will provide plenty of opportunities for you to demonstrate your capabilities and be recognized for your accomplishments.
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Collaborate in a team environment.
- Design and implement the Company’s next generation of web applications
- Work with our diversely skilled team to enhance software development process and standards
- Develop new client-facing features
- Write reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Follow best practices in development
- Work well under pressure
- Organize code into logical and maintainable units
- Given a problem or request, independently research potential development solutions
- Participating in the development and documentation of Website requirements
- Providing over the top customer service to both internal and external clients
- Participating in learning and development opportunities
- Recognizing and seizing opportunities to promote our range of products and services to clients
- Promoting and personally demonstrating the Company’s core values when dealing with employees, clients and other business stakeholders
- 1+ years of proven Ruby on Rails experience
- Strong training in object-oriented design and programming
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with positive attitude, proactive mind-set and strong work ethic
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- Nice to have knowledge Java, Spring Boot, .Net as well as React development methodologies
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and Bamboo
- Experience using a version control system such as Git
- Competitive compensation package with comprehensive benefits and a pension plan
- Opportunity for career advancement in entrepreneurial environment
- Downtown Toronto office location
- Employee and Family Assistance program services available on joining date
- Other paid days off including Boxing Day, Paid Moving Day, Paid Volunteer Day, etc.
- Fun and friendly work environment with frequent parties and special events happening every month!
Submit your application with salary expectations to [email protected] Thank you for your interest in Dye & Durham; only qualified applicants will be contacted for interview.
Dye & Durham Toronto Office