Dye & Durham is a legal technology company. The Company offers a comprehensive cloud-based technology platform that seeks to be a complete all-in-one solution for access to public records data and the automation of routine legal document creation.
Founded in 1874 and today employing over 200 people across Canada and the UK, Dye & Durham uses technology to distinguish itself from competitors, and provides a compelling value proposition to its large blue-chip customer base of over 5,000 active law firms, government agencies and financial institutions.
We are currently looking for a Sr. System Engineer to join our team in our Toronto office
- You have a strong engineering background with experience in developing and delivering solutions using Configuration management, CI/CD, and security best practices
- You have experience working on cloud-based services (including SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) with a solid understanding of continuous integration and configuration management best practices for developing and deploying cloud applications.
- You have implemented Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), incorporating automated builds, monitoring, and scaling.
- You have built out system and application monitoring systems, utilizing tools like Nagios, Graphite, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK stack, CollectD, StatsD, etc
- Your Windows and Linux Fu is strong including scripting, troubleshooting, and upgrades.
- You have significant experience with automation and configuration management in a production environment (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- You can take ownership of the technical delivery and work effectively with our business partners to craft solutions for real business problems.
- You are opinionated about what core engineering values look like and mentor and advocate for good design.
- You have the people skills required to successfully work with domain experts and interface with clients.
- You have experience maintaining a 24×7 SaaS Environment
- You have worked in an operational support role with after hours on call responsibilities
- You have ITIL Knowledge (Incident, Change and Problem Management) and tools
- 5+ years demonstrated experience on the field.
- A minimum of 2 years building and maintaining enterprise SaaS infrastructure with a healthy mix of…
- Expert or near-expert skills with Linux, Windows, networking, storage, and virtualization
- Experience with cloud provisioning and configuration management, utilizing tools such as Puppet, Ansible or Chef, delivering Infrastructure as a Service
- Experience with database administration of MSSQL and MySQL
- Setting up and supporting continuous integration and deployment
- Monitoring and alerting with tools like New Relic, and Prometheus
- Version control systems (Git, TFS)
- Troubleshooting and full-cycle incident response (mitigation, correction, prevention)
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to document policies, procedures and technical diagrams.
If you have a degree, that’s great! If you do not, don’t fret. We pay attention to high quality code and are passionate about delivering solutions to real world problems, leveraging leading technology and best practices. We believe in working at a sustainable pace. Having work-life balance makes us both better workers and happier people!
- Competitive compensation package with comprehensive benefits and a pension plan
- Opportunity for career advancement in entrepreneurial environment
- Downtown Toronto office location
- Option to work remotely when needed
- Employee and Family Assistance program services available on joining date
- Other paid days off including, Boxing Day, Paid Moving Day, Paid Volunteer Day, etc.
- Fun and friendly work environment with frequent parties and special events happening every month!
Interested applicants should forward their resume, cover letter, and a list of three (3) professional references to [email protected]. Please quote the position you are applying for, your salary expectations and how you learned of this position opening.
Dye & Durham Toronto Office