Tracing its roots to 1874, Dye & Durham has long been an institution in the Canadian legal industry. Today, Dye & Durham is a technological leader in legal services through a unique suite of cloud-based software products, called e-market.
Employees describe the company as a 144-year-old start-up. Employing over 200 people across Canada and the UK, Dye & Durham uses technology to distinguish itself from competitors and provides a compelling value proposition to its large blue-chip customer base of over 5,000 active law firms, government agencies and financial institutions.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive financial professional with the ability to manage and deliver priorities accurately, on-time, and with a high degree of confidence. This position requires strong foundational knowledge of finance and accounting, demonstrated experience supporting financial planning activities and delivering fact-based recommendations to multiple cross functional stakeholders throughout the company. This position reports to the VP of Finance and has one direct report.
- Develop, analyze, and prepare reports on the financial performance of business units and departments against prior periods, forecasts and plans
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI in business programs as well as new projects.
- Establish and maintain KPIs/ scorecard for business
- Collaborate with the departmental teams to develop the plan and forecasts
- Partner with functional leads to analyze and improve expense performance, identify forecast risks and opportunities
- Understand monthly/quarterly actuals and key drivers of past performance
- Perform insightful analysis around revenue (pricing, volume mix)
- Support management on ad hoc analyses and special projects
- Management and development of financial analyst (direct report)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline CPA required (CA or equivalent) and Big 4 Accounting or similar experience
- 7 years or more of relevant experience in finance or accounting required
- Investment banking experience is a strong asset
- Strong financial modelling ability required (including ability to create 5-year projections for Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow for M&A purposes)
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis and business partnering
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, including deadline-sensitive priorities
- Must be detail-oriented and keen to dig into numbers and variances to propose recommendations and drive improved economic outcomes
- Experience with financial systems
- Advanced capabilities in financial modelling, excel, database manipulation
Submit your application with salary expectations to [email protected]. Thank you for your interest in Dye & Durham; only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
If your application is successful, you will initially undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and be required to fill out a questionnaire prior to the final interview process.
Dye & Durham Toronto Office