Dye & Durham is a legal technology company. The Company offers a comprehensive cloud-based technology platform that seeks to be a complete all-in-one solution for access to public records data and the automation of routine legal document creation.
Employing over 300 people across Canada and the UK, Dye & Durham uses technology to distinguish itself from competitors and provides a compelling value proposition to its large blue-chip customer base of over 12,000 clients consisting of active law firms, government agencies and financial institutions.
We are currently looking for a Linux System Administrator to join our team in our Toronto office. This role will provide 24×7 support for several products in the Dye & Durham portfolio, utilizing a mixture of Linux and Windows.
- You have an engineering background, developing and delivering solutions using automation, configuration management, and security best practices
- You are familiar with Infrastructure as Code, incorporating automated builds, monitoring, and scaling.
- You are familiar with monitoring systems, utilizing tools like Nagios, Graphite, Prometheus, Grafana, Greylog, CollectD, StatsD, DataDog, etc.
- Your Linux Fu is strong, including scripting, troubleshooting, and upgrades.
- You have experience with automation and configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- You can take ownership of the technical delivery and work effectively with our business partners to craft solutions for real business problems.
- You are opinionated about what core engineering values look like and mentor and advocate for good design.
- You have the people skills required to successfully work with domain experts and interface with clients.
- You have experience maintaining a 24×7 SaaS Environment covering multiple time zones
- You have worked in an operational support role with after hours on call responsibilities
- You have ITIL Knowledge (Incident, Change and Problem Management) and tools
- 2+ years demonstrated experience in the field.
- Experience building and maintaining enterprise SaaS infrastructure with a healthy mix of:
- Linux, Windows, networking, storage, and virtualization
- Server provisioning and configuration management
- Database administration and tuning of SQL Server and MySQL
- Monitoring and alerting with tools like Nagios, New Relic, DataDog and/or Prometheus
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to document policies, procedures and technical diagrams.
- Competitive compensation package with comprehensive benefits and a pension plan
- Opportunity for career advancement in entrepreneurial environment
- Employee and Family Assistance program services available on joining date
- Other paid days off including Paid Moving Day, Paid Volunteer Day, etc.
- Fun and friendly work environment with frequent parties and special events happening every month!
Submit your application with salary expectations to [email protected]. Thank you for your interest in Dye & Durham; only qualified applicants will be contacted for interview.
If your application is successful you will initially undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and be required to fill out a questionnaire prior to the final interview process.
Dye & Durham Toronto Office