Dye & Durham is a legal technology company.
Tracing its roots to 1874, Dye & Durham has long been an institution in the Canadian legal industry. Today, Dye & Durham is a technological leader in legal services through a unique suite of cloud-based software products, called e-market.
Employees describe the company as a 145-year-old start-up. Employing over 300 people across Canada and the UK, Dye & Durham uses technology to distinguish itself from competitors and provides a compelling value proposition to its large blue-chip customer base of over 12,000 clients consisting of active law firms, government agencies and financial institutions.
We are hiring for Junior Web Application Developer who can quickly ramp up on our mix stack of technologies but primarily Ruby on Rails based application, and work with our team to create new applications and enhance existing ones. Our entrepreneurial environment will provide plenty of opportunities for you to demonstrate your capabilities and be recognized for your accomplishments.
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Collaborate in a team environment.
- Design and implement the Company’s next generation of web applications
- Work with our diversely skilled team to enhance software development process and standards
- Develop new client-facing features
- Write reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scale-ability
- Follow best practices in development
- Work well under pressure
- Organize code into logical and maintainable units
- Given a problem or request, independently research potential development solutions
- Participating in the development and documentation of Website requirements
- Providing over the top customer service to both internal and external clients
- Participating in learning and development opportunities
- Recognizing and seizing opportunities to promote our range of products and services to clients
- Promoting and personally demonstrating the Company’s core values when dealing with employees, clients and other business stakeholders
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 1+ years of proven Ruby on Rails experience
- Strong training in object-oriented design and programming
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with positive attitude, proactive mind-set and strong work ethic
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- Knowledge .Net as well as React development methodologies
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and Bamboo
- Experience using a version control system such as Git
- Competitive compensation package with comprehensive benefits and a pension plan
- Opportunity for career advancement in entrepreneurial environment
- Downtown Toronto office location
- Employee and Family Assistance program services available on joining date
- Other paid days off including Boxing Day, Paid Moving Day, Paid Volunteer Day, etc.
- Fun and friendly work environment with frequent parties and special events happening every month!
Submit your application with salary expectations. Thank you for your interest in Dye & Durham; only qualified applicants will be contacted for interview.
If your application is successful you will initially undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and be required to fill out a questionnaire prior to the final interview process.
Dye & Durham is an equal opportunity employer. We provide opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital or family status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We will accommodate applicants’ disability related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the Human Resources Department by phone at 416-640-7100.