Dye & Durham is a legal technology company. The Company offers a comprehensive cloud-based technology platform that seeks to be a complete all-in-one solution for access to public records data and the automation of routine legal document creation.
Employing over 300 people across Canada and the UK, Dye & Durham uses technology to distinguish itself from competitors and provides a compelling value proposition to its large blue-chip customer base of over 12,000 clients consisting of active law firms, government agencies and financial institutions.
We are currently looking for a Jr. System Administrator to join our team in our downtown Toronto office, providing enterprise-level assistance to our users. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems, manage office technologies (desktops, phones, conference systems, local servers) and general network support.
To be qualified for this role, you should hold a degree in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering. Microsoft, Cisco, Linux or similar certification is a plus. If you’re naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with computer issues and can explain technical details simply, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will be a person our customers trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
- Responsible for technical support of PC, server and telephone systems.
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Manage corporate network servers, applications and technology tools
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Provide support for video conferencing systems.
- Provides support for web conferencing applications.
- Document problem/resolution in the ticket system and provides user documentation as required
- Handle day-to-day administration of hardware, software and network support requirements
- Liaises with other technical groups to ensure that Standards and Technology are in line with overall technical direction of Dye & Durham.
- Due to the nature of this work, there will be an after-hours and on-call requirement
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree or diploma in IT related discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with network and systems administration in a corporate environment, maintaining and managing Windows desktops and servers and Office 365 environments.
- MCSA, MCSE, ITIL and other relevant certifications are a plus
- Administrative familiarity with Microsoft systems, Office365, VMware, powershell.
- Excellent customer service skills are required. Natural ability to listen, work and empathize with end users’ challenges.
- Ability to quickly analyze and make correct recommendations while under pressure.
- The ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Competitive compensation package with comprehensive benefits and a pension plan
- Opportunity for career advancement in entrepreneurial environment
- Employee and Family Assistance program services available on joining date
- Other paid days off including Paid Moving Day, Paid Volunteer Day, etc.
- Fun and friendly work environment with frequent parties and special events happening every month!
Submit your application with salary expectations to [email protected]. Thank you for your interest in Dye & Durham; only qualified applicants will be contacted for interview.
If your application is successful you will initially undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and be required to fill out a questionnaire prior to the final interview process.
Dye & Durham Toronto Office