Tracing its roots to 1874, Dye & Durham has long been an institution in the Canadian legal industry. Today, Dye & Durham is a technological leader in legal services through a unique suite of cloud-based software products, called e-market.
Employees describe the company as a 144-year-old start-up. Employing over 200 people across Canada and the UK, Dye & Durham uses technology to distinguish itself from competitors and provides a compelling value proposition to its large blue-chip customer base of over 5,000 active law firms, government agencies and financial institutions.
- Responds promptly to telephone, online chat and email enquiries from clients who are using the ecorp program.
- Conducts welcome calls with new users to ensure they are having a positive experience using ecorp, and to answer any questions they may have.
- Activates ecorp licenses for new users, and provides log-in credentials.
- Provides first level support to clients who are experiencing difficulties in using the ecorp program; escalates technical issues to the client support analyst for further investigation.
- Conducts follow up calls with users who have experienced difficulties with the program to ensure their concerns have been addressed to their satisfaction.
- Coordinates the delivery of the minute books from the clients’ offices, to Dye & Durham’s office.
- Enters corporate minute book information into ecorp, following established protocols.
- Documents and informs clients of any changes that are made during the data entry process.
- Coordinates with the Dye & Durham dispatch team to arrange for the return of the original minute books to the clients.
- Confirms with the clients that their minute books have been safely returned and that the data entry has been completed to their satisfaction.
- Updates and maintains the minute book tracking system.
- Identifies, and acts on, opportunities to promote Dye & Durham’s suite of corporate services and products to clients.
- Liaises with corporate products supplier in order to facilitate the processing of product orders.
- Participates in cross-training activities and acts as a mentor to other team members.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through a variety of training and development methods (workshops, courses, reading etc.).
- Promotes and personally demonstrates the company’s Guiding Principles when dealing with employees, clients and other business stakeholders.
- Participates in the ongoing development and implementation of the company’s strategic goals and initiatives.
- Completion of a legal administrative assistant program (or a combination of education and experience)
- Experience with maintaining corporate minute books is preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Fast and accurate keyboarding skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to effectively adapt to changing priorities
- Strong analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to think critically
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction
- Superior time management skills
- Ability to interact effectively with others in a team-based environment
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office products; particularly Excel and Word
- Competitive compensation package with comprehensive benefits and a pension plan
- Opportunity for career advancement in entrepreneurial environment
- Downtown Vancouver office location
- Employee and Family Assistance program services available on joining date
- Other paid days off including Boxing Day, Paid Moving Day, Paid Volunteer Day, etc.
- Fun and friendly work environment with frequent parties and special events happening every month!
Interested applicants should forward their resume, cover letter, and a list of three (3) professional references to [email protected]. Please quote the position you are applying for, your salary expectations and how you learned of this position opening.
Dye & Durham Vancouver Office