Dye & Durham is a legal technology company.
Tracing its roots to 1874, Dye & Durham has long been an institution in the Canadian legal industry. Today, Dye & Durham is a technological leader in legal services through a unique suite of cloud-based software products, called e-market.
Employees describe the company as a 145-year-old start-up. Employing over 300 people across Canada and the UK, Dye & Durham uses technology to distinguish itself from competitors and provides a compelling value proposition to its large blue-chip customer base of over 12,000 clients consisting of active law firms, government agencies and financial institutions.
Our entrepreneurial environment will provide plenty of opportunities for you to demonstrate your capabilities and be recognized for your accomplishments.
Reporting to the Controller, the Cash Application & Collection Specialist will provide transactional support required for an evolving Finance team, which includes, but is not limited to applying and posting payments to customer accounts on a daily basis.
- Process/apply all payments received daily in lockbox via check, ACH, wire and credit card. Organizing the customer-issued cheques to facilitate timely deposits and posting to customer accounts
- Generate debit and/or credit memos for any invoice discrepancies. For valid deductions, prepare deduction documentation to support the approval and issuance of related credit memo(s)
- Prepare daily cash reports
- Investigate unidentified payments and unanticipated deductions, contact (internal/external) customer for clarification and resolution
- Run weekly and month end PayPal reports used to capture E-Commerce activity and post payments
- Perform daily reconciliation of payments posted against banking information to ensure accuracy
- Manage all phases of credit and collections for portfolio of customer accounts– Collection Calls, Perform Account Reconciliations, AR Adjustments
- Provide support during the various AR audits conducted each year
- Participate on month end activities
- Sending out accurate and timely monthly statements of account to customers
- Maintaining proper filing of billing documents, customer payments, and bank deposits
- Participate in special projects and perform related tasks as directed by supervisor
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Ideally one to two years of experience in cash application and collections field
- Customer service oriented
- Time management and follow-up skills; highly organized and detail oriented
- Accountable for results, strives to meet and exceed expectations
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and collaborate on projects
- Strong MS Excel skills are necessary; you need to demonstrate that you are currently using Excel on a regular basis as part of your current role
- Someone who is a fast learner and self-starter, dependable and reliable, and who takes ownership and pride in his/her work.
Submit your application with salary expectations. Thank you for your interest in Dye & Durham; only qualified applicants will be contacted for interview.
If your application is successful you will initially undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and be required to fill out a questionnaire prior to the final interview process.