Dye & Durham is a legal technology company.
Tracing its roots to 1874, Dye & Durham has long been an institution in the Canadian legal industry. Today, Dye & Durham is a technological leader in legal services through a unique suite of cloud-based software products, called e-market.
Employees describe the company as a 145-year-old start-up. Employing over 300 people across Canada and the UK, Dye & Durham uses technology to distinguish itself from competitors and provides a compelling value proposition to its large blue-chip customer base of over 12,000 clients consisting of active law firms, government agencies and financial institutions.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive financial professional with do-whatever-it-takes attitude to complete and deliver priorities accurately, on-time, and with a high degree of confidence. This position requires strong foundational knowledge of finance and accounting, demonstrated experience supporting financial planning activities and delivering fact-based recommendations to multiple cross functional stakeholders throughout the company. This position reports to the Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Maintaining the supporting files and models for forecasts and budgets
- Updating the forecast for actuals and for changes in business assumptions
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing existing/new forecasting models to emulate all key business drivers and more accurately capturing our forecast, including any ad-hoc modelling required
- Assist in implementing process improvements to facilitate quicker turn-around times for forecast updates and analysis
- Reviewing assumptions and inputs into the forecast and budget from other departments.
- Support formal monthly and quarterly reporting and analysis of results and KPIs to management, including budget to actual variance analysis, board level presentations and quarterly performance scorecard and trend analysis
- Identify and implement process improvements to continuously streamline time to production
- Involved in finance systems improvement including building automated reports
- Perform insightful analysis around revenue (pricing, volume mix)
- Ad hoc reporting, analysis and projects as required
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- University Degree with a specialization in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a solutions-oriented approach to challenges
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills (pivot tables; macros an asset)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior organization skills
- Software industry experience is an asset
- Strong financial modelling ability required (including ability to creating five-year projections for Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow)
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, including deadline-sensitive priorities
- Must be detail-oriented and keen to dig into numbers and variances to propose recommendations and drive improved economic outcomes
- Advanced capabilities in financial modelling, excel, database manipulation
Submit your application with salary expectations to [email protected]. Thank you for your interest in Dye & Durham; only qualified applicants will be contacted for interview.
If your application is successful you will initially undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and be required to fill out a questionnaire prior to the final interview process.