- Job Title: Senior Financial Analyst
- Location: Toronto
- Reports to: Director, Financial Reporting
- Status: Hiring – Full time
About Dye & Durham:
Dye & Durham is a legal technology company that recently went public. The Company is rapidly growing primarily through acquisitions across Canada, UK and Australia and has completed twelve acquisitions in the past three years. The Company offers a comprehensive cloud-based technology platform that seeks to be a complete all-in-one solution for access to public records data and the automation of routine legal document creation.
Founded in 1874 and today employing over 900 people across Canada, UK and Australia, Dye & Durham uses technology to distinguish itself from competitors, and provides a compelling value proposition to its large blue-chip customer base of over 5,000 active law firms, government agencies and financial institutions.
Based in the Company’s head office in downtown Toronto, the successful candidate will be an energetic CPA, CA who will prepare financial reporting and ensure accurate corporate accounts for the Company. This position requires great attention to detail, strong communication skills, in depth accounting knowledge, a team player mentality and the ability to prioritize effectively to meet deadlines.
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, including but not limited to, the financial statements and MD&A
- Assist in the timely preparation of financial information and presentations required for the annual report, press releases, and Audit Committee and Board meetings
- Ensure accurate consolidation accounting and intercompany eliminations for all of the Company’s Canadian, UK and Australian entities
- Assess and document the technical accounting impact and required disclosures for major transactions, including significant contracts, acquisitions, debt and equity offerings and other complex transactions
- Help create and update global accounting policies and procedures
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting standards and ongoing continuous disclosure requirements
- Liaise with external auditors
- Coordinate with financial reporting function of subsidiaries to ensure timely and accurate local/statutory financial reporting
- Participate in special projects and undertake new initiatives as they arise
- A bachelors’ degree in commerce or accounting and a CPA from public practice
- 3+ years of progressive, hands-on experience in public companies reporting under IFRS
- Big Four or National Firm accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of IFRS accounting rules
- Exposure to M&A, multi-currencies, multi-subsidiary consolidation
- Strong understanding of and experience with C-SOX controls and required documentation
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong communication skills to interact with all levels of management
- Experience in the software or technology sectors
- Experience with high growth and/or highly acquisitive companies
- Advanced knowledge of Canadian, UK or Australian tax rules and regulations
- Familiarity with NetSuite, Shareworks and/or Certify
TO APPLY: Email us your resume and cover page at [email protected]dyedurham.com with the job title in the subject line.