- Job Title: Senior Financial Analyst
- Location: Toronto
- Reports to: Assistant Controller / Director of Finance – Canada
- Status: Hiring – Full time
About Dye & Durham:
Dye & Durham is a legal technology company that recently went public. The Company is rapidly growing primarily through acquisitions across Canada, UK and Australia and has completed twelve acquisitions in the past three years. The Company offers a comprehensive cloud-based technology platform that seeks to be a complete all-in-one solution for access to public records data and the automation of routine legal document creation.
Founded in 1874 and today employing over 900 people across Canada, UK and Australia, Dye & Durham uses technology to distinguish itself from competitors, and provides a compelling value proposition to its large blue-chip customer base of over 5,000 active law firms, government agencies and financial institutions.
Based in the Company’s head office in downtown Toronto, the successful candidate will be an energetic CPA who will assist with all accounting functions in Canada for the company and its subsidiaries. Reporting to the Assistant Controller with a dotted line to the Director of Finance – Canada, his position requires great attention to detail, strong communication skills, in depth accounting knowledge, a team player mentality and the ability to prioritize effectively to meet deadlines.
- Prepare accounting working papers for the Canadian business including all Canadian subsidiaries for accounts such as intercompany, intangibles, goodwill, property and equipment, ROU assets / lease liabilities
- Assist in the preparation of management reports for the President, Canada and Canadian operations
- Continually identify and implement process improvements, increasing efficiency and automation
- Assist in the preparation of the annual Canadian Corporate tax and SR&ED filings
- Help implement and enforce CSOX internal controls and best practices
- Participate in special projects and undertake new initiatives as they arise
- Liaise with external auditors
- A bachelors’ degree in commerce or accounting and a CPA from public practice
- 3+ years of progressive, hands-on experience in public companies reporting under IFRS
- Strong knowledge of IFRS accounting rules
- Exposure to M&A, multi-currencies, multi-subsidiary consolidation
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in the software or technology sectors
- Big Four or National Firm accounting experience
- Understanding of and experience with C-SOX controls and required documentation
- Experience with high growth and/or highly acquisitive companies
- Advanced knowledge of Canadian tax rules and regulations
- Familiarity with NetSuite, Shareworks and/or Certify
TO APPLY: Email us your resume and cover page at [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.