Job Title: Real Estate Manager
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Reports to: Director, Finance Integration
Status: Full-time, permanent
About Dye & Durham:
Dye & Durham is a provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions designed to boost efficiency and increase productivity for legal and business professionals in Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom. The Company provides critical information services and workflow, which clients require to manage their process, information and regulatory requirements. In July 2020, the Company completed an initial public offering and its shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “DND”.
Employing over 900 people across Canada, the UK, and Australia Dye & Durham uses technology to distinguish itself from competitors and provides a compelling value proposition to its large blue-chip customer base of over 25,000 active law firms, government agencies and financial institutions.
With its powerful combination of exceptional customer service and forward-thinking technology, Dye and Durham provides professionals with superior workflow process improvement. For Dye & Durham users, this means an ability to focus on core competencies, improve cycle time, eliminate redundancy, reduce costs, enhance accuracy, and improve the service levels they offer their end customers. Through its e-market platform, clients access the Company’s software applications in order to perform various business law or real estate law-related tasks, including due diligence searches and corporate registrations.
We are looking for someone to manage our global portfolio of 70+ real estate leases across Canada, UK and Australia and perform facilities management duties.
• Manage all contracts to ensure they are reviewed on a regular basis and are bid out as required
• Track and communicate critical lease dates, working with various levels of management to evaluate lease options, identify risks, and share deliverables
• Evaluate business needs relative to facilities to identify sublets, lease expansions, lease terminations, and other lease changes as appropriate
• Review leases and negotiate extensions and/or new leases as required
• Ensure all building services needs in our locations are met, janitorial, security, landscaping etc.
• Handle sublets, address landlord/building management issues
• Review and approve rent payments and ancillary lease costs
• Monitor and oversee office space planning, renovations, and office consolidations
• Ensure smooth day-to-day operations of the facilities
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree or diploma
• 4-5 years’ experience in property management or facilities management
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Construction or renovation experience a plus
• Full understanding of laws, regulations pertaining to tenancy in Canada, UK and Australia
Submit your application with salary expectations. Thank you for your interest in Dye & Durham; only qualified applicants will be contacted for interview.
If your application is successful you will initially undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and be required to fill out a questionnaire prior to the final interview process.
Dye & Durham is an equal opportunity employer. We provide opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital or family status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We will accommodate applicants’ disability related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the Human Resources Department by phone at (647) 660-6934
TO APPLY: Email us your resume and cover page at [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.