- Job Title: Manager, Internal Controls
- Location: Toronto
- Reports to: VP Finance
- Status: Hiring – Full time
About Dye & Durham:
Dye & Durham is a legal technology company that recently went public. The Company is rapidly growing primarily through acquisitions across Canada, UK and Australia and has completed twelve acquisitions in the past three years. The Company offers a comprehensive cloud-based technology platform that seeks to be a complete all-in-one solution for access to public records data and the automation of routine legal document creation.
Founded in 1874 and today employing over 900 people across Canada, UK and Australia, Dye & Durham uses technology to distinguish itself from competitors, and provides a compelling value proposition to its large blue-chip customer base of over 5,000 active law firms, government agencies and financial institutions.
Based in the Company’s head office in downtown Toronto, the successful candidate will be responsible for designing and managing the Company’s global risk and controls matrix. Given that the company went public in July 2020, this role will uplift the existing controls, increasing its rigor and documentation so that it is appropriate for C-SOX compliance. Once this is appropriately set up, this role will manage the Company’s global internal audit function across its operations in Canada, the UK and Australia. This role will work closely with the VP Finance as well as the heads of finance in each of Canada, the UK and Australia.
- Create and maintain an effective control environment as well as enterprise risk assessment and mitigation process
- Oversee risk and controls matrix across the Company’s global operations
- Design and implement process improvement initiatives to increase the proportion of automated controls
- Implement controls sign-off and documentation processes that comply with C-SOX requirements
- Bachelors’ degree in commerce, accounting or finance required
- CPA designation and experience with public companies required
- Big Four experience in internal audit practice preferred
- Experience building risk and control matrices and evaluating controls documentation for C-SOX compliance required
- Experience with high growth and/or highly acquisitive companies preferred
- Experience in the software or technology sectors an asset
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong organization skills and the ability to manage multiple deliverables to drive timely results
- Strong communication skills to interface with all levels of management
- Experience with NetSuite, Shareworks and/or Certify an asset
TO APPLY: Email us your resume and cover page at [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.