Dye & Durham is a legal technology company.
Tracing its roots to 1874, Dye & Durham has long been an institution in the Canadian legal industry. Today, Dye & Durham is a technological leader in legal services through a unique suite of cloud-based software products, called e-market.
Employees describe the company as a 145-year-old start-up. Employing over 300 people across Canada and the UK, Dye & Durham uses technology to distinguish itself from competitors and provides a compelling value proposition to its large blue-chip customer base of over 12,000 clients consisting of active law firms, government agencies and financial institutions.
To provide Litigation support to external clients.
Job Title: Litigation Representative
Department: Litigation (East)
Reports to: Director of Operations, Litigation East
- preparing services and prioritizing filings in accordance with client timelines and limitations;
- entering client information and instructions into internal database and creating detailed memos of instruction for court staff and process servers;
- filing documents at Toronto area courts
- effectively managing multiple files with competing priorities;
- status reporting to clients and colleagues, ensuring clients receive all relevant information and communication relating to the status of their file;
- developing an in-depth understanding of internal systems and processes as well as general civil procedure;
- handling client queries over the phone or via email, responding in a timely manner, answering all questions and aiding the client to resolve issues
- accurately documenting and updating customer records
- escalating customer complaints and/or calls to the department manager when necessary
- communicating effectively with colleagues to deliver the best value to clients;
- performing in-office administrative tasks as required (i.e. scanning, printing, copying, etc.); and
- drafting affidavits of service
You will be a strong team player and will possess:
- a college diploma, graduate of the Law Clerk, Legal Assistant, or Paralegal program;
- litigation experience (Small Claims Court, Superior Court etc.);
- the ability to communicate proficiently both in writing and orally in English;
- the ability to work independently;
- strong problem-solving skills;
- exceptional customer services skills;
- organization and multitasking skills; and
- PC Skills – Microsoft Office Suite
- Competitive compensation package with comprehensive benefits and a pension plan
- Employee and Family Assistance program services available on joining date
- Other paid days off including Paid Moving Day, Paid Volunteer Day, etc.
- Fun and friendly work environment with frequent parties and special events happening every month!
Submit your application with salary expectations to [email protected]. Thank you for your interest in Dye & Durham; only qualified applicants will be contacted for interview.
If your application is successful you will initially undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and be required to fill out a questionnaire prior to the final interview process.
Dye & Durham is an equal opportunity employer. We provide opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital or family status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We will accommodate applicants’ disability related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the Human Resources Department by email at [email protected] or by phone at 416-640-7100.
Dye & Durham Toronto Office
199 Bay Street, Suite 4610 Toronto, Ontario Canada M5L 1E9
Duration of Employment
Jan 07, 2020
Export as PDF