- Job Title: Financial Controller
- Location: Toronto
- Reports to: Director of Finance – Canada
- Status: Hiring – Full time
About Dye & Durham:
Dye & Durham is a provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions designed to boost efficiency and increase productivity for legal and business professionals in Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom. The Company provides critical information services and workflow, which clients require to manage their process, information and regulatory requirements. In July 2020, the Company completed an initial public offering and its shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “DND”.
Based in the Company’s head office in downtown Toronto, the successful candidate will be an energetic CPA who will report directly to the Company’s Director of Finance – Canada. The Controller will be responsible for the financial reporting and day-to-day financial management in Canada for the Company and its subsidiaries. The Controller will have responsibility for multiple direct reports. This position requires great attention to detail, strong communication skills, in depth accounting knowledge, a team player mentality and the ability to prioritize effectively to meet deadlines.
- Day-to-day accounting functions and cash management reporting
- Oversee and manage month-end and quarter-end close processes, ensuring that it is performed accurately and on a timely basis
- Manage and review accounting working papers for the Canadian business including all Canadian subsidiaries for all accounts including intercompany eliminations and cumulative translation adjustments
- Act as the main Canadian finance contact with the external auditors
- Assist in the preparations of the Canadian entities’ tax filings
- Manage accounting team for all of Canada finance, including GL, AR and AP
- Protect the corporate assets by creating and documenting processes, enforcing the appropriate internal controls, and implementing “best practices” across the Company
- Participate in special projects and undertake new initiatives as they arise
- Adopt a continuous improvement mindset to improve and automate financial processes
- Design and document optimal financial processes in areas of responsibility
- Business partner with other Finance teams and Operations teams to streamline reporting and share differential analyses to drive the business forward
- Support annual budgeting cycle and monthly monitoring of business performance
- Actively develop, grow and build team players and direct reports and assess individual performance as a people manager.
- CPA designation, preferably with Big 4 or National Firm experience
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS and management reporting
- Exposure to M&A, multi-currencies, multi-subsidiary consolidation
- Strong understanding of and experience with C-SOX controls and required documentation.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated experience in performing with a continuous improvement and growth mindset
- Experience with high growth / highly acquisitive companies or M&A integration is an asset.
- Experience in the software / technology sectors is a plus.
- Experience in a previous controller role preferred.
- Well developed MS Office and modeling skills
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Canadian tax rules and regulations is a plus
- Familiarity with NetSuite, ADP, LeaseQuery or Concur SAP an asset
- Extended Health and Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Company Pension Plan
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Remote work during COVID
TO APPLY: Email us your resume and cover page at [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.