- Job Title: Director, Financial Reporting
- Location: Toronto
- Reports to: VP Finance
- Status: Hiring – Full time
About Dye & Durham:
Dye & Durham is a provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions designed to boost efficiency and increase productivity for legal and business professionals in Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom. The Company provides critical information services and workflow, which clients require to manage their process, information and regulatory requirements. In July 2020, the Company completed an initial public offering and its shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “DND”.
Based in the Company’s head office in downtown Toronto, the successful candidate will be an energetic CPA, CA who is responsible for leading all financial reporting for the company and its subsidiaries. This position requires great attention to detail, strong communication skills, in depth accounting knowledge, a team player mentality and the ability to prioritize effectively to meet deadlines.
- Lead the Financial Reporting function and ensure compliance under IFRS, local, and parent company accounting rules, along with compliance of any tax regulations and public reporting requirements
- Manage consolidation accounting and intercompany eliminations for all of the Company’s Canadian, UK and Australian entities
- Manage the preparation of the quarterly and annual consolidated IFRS financial statements and perform quality assurance checks
- Lead the preparation of the MD&A including analyses to support quarterly and annual reports and supplemental information
- Create, own and maintain global accounting policies and procedures
- Liaise with external auditors
- Ensure the timely preparation of all financial information and presentations required for quarterly and annual reports, press releases, and Audit Committee and Board meetings
- Assess and document the technical accounting impact and required disclosures for major transactions, including significant contracts, acquisitions, debt and equity offerings and other complex transactions.
- Implement new accounting standards and ongoing continuous disclosure requirements as required
- Coordinate with financial reporting function of subsidiaries to ensure timely and accurate local/statutory financial reporting
- A bachelors’ degree in commerce or accounting and a CPA, CA from public practice
- 8+ years of progressive, hands-on experience in public companies reporting under IFRS
- Big Four or National Firm accounting experience
- Expert knowledge of IFRS accounting rules, extremely well-developed public financial reporting and disclosure experience, including management discussion and analysis
- Exposure to M&A, multi-currencies, multi-subsidiary consolidation
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with high growth and/or highly acquisitive companies
- Experience in the software or technology sectors
- Familiarity with local UK and/or Australian statutory reporting requirements
- Advanced knowledge of Canada, UK and/or Australian taxation rules and regulations
- Experience with UK GAAP and/or Australian GAAP
- Experience with SOX controls
- Experience with M&A integration
- Exposure to transfer pricing
- Familiarity with NetSuite, Shareworks, Concur SAP
TO APPLY: Email us your resume and cover page at [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.