- Job Title: AP Clerk
- Location: Toronto
- Reports to: AP Supervisor
- Status: Hiring – Full time
About Dye & Durham:
Dye & Durham is a legal technology company that recently went public. The Company is rapidly growing primarily through acquisitions across Canada, UK and Australia and has completed twelve acquisitions in the past three years. The Company offers a comprehensive cloud-based technology platform that seeks to be a complete all-in-one solution for access to public records data and the automation of routine legal document creation.
Founded in 1874 and today employing over 900 people across Canada, UK and Australia, Dye & Durham uses technology to distinguish itself from competitors, and provides a compelling value proposition to its large blue-chip customer base of over 5,000 active law firms, government agencies and financial institutions.
Based in the Company’s head office in downtown Toronto, the successful candidate will be responsible for the Canadian accounts payable cycle including timely and accurate input of accounts payable invoices and the regular follow up with vendors regarding payment of outstanding and overdue invoices. This involves keeping current on all taxes, and other information required to do this job accurately.
- Accounts payable processing for multiple related companies including: the coding & costing of invoices to appropriate accounts, obtaining approval for payment, checking invoices, data entry, as well as the printing & distribution of cheques and submitting electronic payments
- Accounts payable maintenance including reconciling vendor statements, following up on outstanding invoices and credit notes, and maintaining paper-based vendor files
- Intercompany account reconciliations and invoicing
- Processing and entering employee expense reports
- Completing credit applications
- Administration of petty cash
- Ad hoc projects and tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in accounting, finance, or relevant field
- Ideally one to two years of experience of full cycle accounts payable
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Positive attitude and the ability to work cooperatively with others in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong communication skills to interface with all levels of management
- Basic understanding of applicability of GST/HST/QST to invoices in various provinces
- Strong Excel skills are necessary; you need to demonstrate that you are currently using Excel on a regular basis as part of your current role
- Experience with NetSuite, Shareworks and/or Certify an asset
TO APPLY: Email us your resume and cover page at [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.