Dye & Durham is a legal technology company.
Tracing its roots to 1874, Dye & Durham has long been an institution in the Canadian legal industry. Today, Dye & Durham is a technological leader in legal services through a unique suite of cloud-based software products, called e-market.
Employees describe the company as a 145-year-old start-up. Employing over 300 people across Canada and the UK, Dye & Durham uses technology to distinguish itself from competitors and provides a compelling value proposition to its large blue-chip customer base of over 12,000 clients consisting of active law firms, government agencies and financial institutions.
To manage the accounts payable process
Job Title: Accounts Payable Coordinator
Reports to: Controller
- Accounts payable processing for multiple related companies, including: the coding & costing of invoices to appropriate accounts, obtaining approval for payment, checking invoices, data entry, as well as the printing & distribution of cheques and submitting electronic payments
- Accounts payable maintenance including: reconciling vendor statements, following up on outstanding invoices and credit notes, and maintaining paper-based vendor files
- Intercompany account reconciliations and invoicing
- Credit card reconciliations
- Processing and entering employee expense reports
- Completing credit applications
- Administration of petty cash
- Ad hoc projects pertinent to accounts payable
- Post-secondary accounting or bookkeeping courses; several years of experience in a similar capacity would be considered equivalent
- Ideally one to two years of experience of full cycle accounts payable
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Positive attitude and the ability to work cooperatively with others
- Basic understanding of applicability of GST/HST/QST to invoices in various provinces
- Strong MS Excel skills are necessary; you need to demonstrate that you are currently using Excel on a regular basis as part of your current role
- Competitive compensation package with comprehensive benefits and a pension plan
- Employee and Family Assistance program services available on joining date
- Other paid days off including Paid Moving Day, Paid Volunteer Day, etc.
- Fun and friendly work environment with frequent parties and special events happening every month!
Submit your application with salary expectations. Thank you for your interest in Dye & Durham; only qualified applicants will be contacted for interview.
If your application is successful you will initially undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and be required to fill out a questionnaire prior to the final interview process.
Dye & Durham is an equal opportunity employer. We provide opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital or family status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We will accommodate applicants’ disability related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the Human Resources Department by email at [email protected] or by phone at 416-640-7100.
Dye & Durham Toronto Office
199 Bay Street, Suite 4610 Toronto, Ontario Canada M5L 1E9
Duration of Employment
Jan 07, 2020
Export as PDF